Terms & Conditions
a) By bank transfer
b) By confirmed & irrevocable L/C
All new engine parts sold by ARCO are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of six months from the date of purchase.
This warranty extends to the original purchaser and all subsequent transferees within the warranty period.
This warranty operates irrespective of the number of kilometers traveled by the vehicle or vehicles in which
the engine part is utilized.
This warranty does not apply to:
1. special buy-ins, second hand items or consumables (i.e. lubricants, sealants, filters, glow plugs, thermostats, etc.);
2. defects caused by owner, operator or third party neglect or abuse. This includes defects caused by operating the engine with unsuitable or inadequate lubricant or coolant; over or under fuelling; over-speeding; lack of proper maintenance of the fuel injection, cooling, lubricating, air intake and exhaust systems; improper storage, starting, warm-up, run-in or shutdown procedures; the continued operation of the engine after the first sign of a malfunction; or failure to follow engine assembly, operation, maintenance and repair procedures contained in the engine manufacturer’s published workshop, operation and maintenance manuals;
3. defects caused by alteration or misapplication of parts;
4. defects caused due to the parts being used in engines modified for competition purposes;
5. failure of or damage to components that are not caused by a warrantable part failure;
6. defects caused by installation or repair by unauthorized or unqualified personnel;
7. parts which have had their trade mark, name or manufacturing number removed.
In addition, ARCO is entitled:
1. To send components related to warranty claims to destinations of its choosing for failure analysis and reporting;
2. To refuse to honor this warranty in the event that the claims procedure (set out below) is not followed by the claimant;
3. To refuse to honor this warranty in the event that the claimant refuses or fails to provide information about the engine part or circumstances of the claim to ARCO upon reasonable request.
The information which may be required from the claimant includes the following:
a) evidence of date and location of purchase, price paid and identity of seller and purchaser;
b) adherence to assembly, operation, maintenance and repair procedures contained in the manufacturer’s published workshop, operation and maintenance manuals;
c) usage of the part;
d) circumstances of the failure.
Procedure for claiming on warranty
1. The claimant shall cease to operate the engine after the first sign of malfunction.
2. The claimant shall give written notification to ARCO within 30 days of any failure suspected to be warrantable. The prescribed procedure is set out below.
3. The claimant shall deliver the engine or failed parts to the location nominated by ARCO.